Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back in Syracuse with 2 weeks to go before I leave

After a great vacation in Washington State (Thanks to Landon, Sayuri, Christa, Bobby and Matt)  I'm happy to say that I've arrived back in Syracuse and am enjoying being back at home.  I've hit the ground running with all of the paper work and packing I need to do and I'm hoping that before my family heads out to the Adirondacks for the weekend that I will be packed and have my paper work finished so that I can use my last week in the states to relax and say "see ya later" to everyone.

There seem to be so many little things that need to get done before you head out of the country for an extended period of time.   I've got a whole slew of paper work to be done specifically for the Peace Corps on top of getting my credit card and debit card information figured out, arranging a power of attorney, loan deferment, arranging to have property and and life insurance, obtain my transcripts from UB (Which you wouldn't think would be too hard but with the new computer system they have..... )   arranging to vote with an absentee ballot, and then finally (and most important)  seeing as many friends and family members as possible before I go.    It's a very exciting but busy time.

1 comment: