Monday, September 19, 2011

One more week to go

I've got seven days before I head over to Mozambique for 2 years and I'm getting more and more excited every day!  

This past weekend my family and I took a trip to the Adirondacks where we stayed in Long Lake.  Long Lake has a little history for my family in that my grandfather built a cabin near the town of Long Lake on a smaller lake in the region known as Lake Eaton.  The cabin that my grandfather built in the 1970's was sold in 1998 however we enjoyed going to the old cabin and seeing what had become of it (It seemed to be in great condition!).  We rented a cabin for the weekend right on Long lake and had a great time hiking Owl's Peak, playing Mah-Jong and eating lots of Turkey soup that my mother made. It was a great weekend and the last time that the four of us will be together for awhile given that my brother Jeremy had to head back to school (The University at Buffalo).  I really enjoyed the weekend with my family and I am looking forward to all of the things I have planned before I embark.  In 9 days I will be in Africa!!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment